Friday, February 7, 2014

Changes and a New Meal Plan

Excuse me for a moment, while I pick myself up off of the floor and compose myself. 

Someone fell off the band wagon this week.

It's ok!

I'm back on it now.


It has been a crazy week!  And with the craziness has come set backs. I will admit I'm an emotional eater and I definitely did some emotional eating this week. Some of that emotional eating includes:

1/2 of a blueberry doughnut
2 big bites of a Reeses candy bar
2 32 oz cups of Dr. Pepper
4 Chocolate-covered Strawberries
Too many overall calories consumed

But on a happier note all of the food I prepped for the week except 1 small salad, 2 sweet potato halves, and a few egg omelet muffins is gone. There was definitely A LOT of healthy, nutritous foods consumed this week!

Now onto this week's meal plan.

I am changing things up big time this week. My meal plan will actually be very BORING. The reason for this is that I am paying special attention to carbs, protein, and fat ratios. This requires math and knowing EXACTLY what is in the foods I eat. To keep this part simple my meal plan will be exactly the same for the next 7 days.

Here is what a normal person my age, height, and with my bodybuild and activity level should consume:

  • Carbohydrates: 293-313 grams per day
  • Protein: 78-84 grams per day
  • Fat: 62-67 grams per day
  • Calories: 2100-2400 per day
Here is what my ratios will look like:
  • Carbohydrates: 125 grams per day
  • Protein: 150 grams per day
  • Fat: 67 grams per day
My carbohydrates are less than half the recommended amount. My body actually functions better on low carbs (sad, but true). Normally I feel better, have more energy, lose belly bloat, and shed water weight when I consume a lower amount of carbs. But at the same time I cannot reduce my carbs too much or my exercise performance drops-it is a fine balance!

My protein is nearly double the recommended amount. I also function better on a higher protein diet. I do advanced body weight exercises, weight-lifting, and intense exercises in general. I also have a higher percentage of muscle mass than the average woman my size (which I want to maintain) so it is recommended that I get at LEAST 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight. I picked 150 grams because that gives me a little more than the 1gram per pound and it is a convenient number to caculate. 

My fat I kept the same. I plan on getting this through healthy sources of fat (no more doughnuts!).

This is a 3 week experiment. 

I am going to keep the ratios the same for next 3 weeks. After that, I will evaluate my energy levels and progress and then make changes if needed.

Today I took my weight and measurements and will be measuring and updating my progress weekly on this blog for the next 3 weeks.



Meal Plan:

Breakfast
10 eggs whites
2 whole eggs
Banana

Snack
1 cup cooked oatmeal + 1 cup of blueberries

Lunch
3 oz of beef, seasoned
1 cup of cooked carrots

Snack
Protein shake

Supper
1 cup chopped chicken, seasoned and sauteed in 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 medium sweet potato
1/2 cup of green beans

That is it! BORING, but simple. 

I have some more meal prep to do.  Kitchen here I come!

New recipe of the week: Clean fried pork tenderloin sandwich and sweet potato fries (for
the family).

I still haven't posted last week's new recipe (cauliflower crust chicken pizza). Hopefully by tomorrow I will have both recipes posted to the recipe page:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment