Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

Try one new recipe a week- check! 

This week I tried cauliflower crust pizza. I like pizza. I like cauliflower.

This should be good, right?



Cauliflower Crust Pizza
  • Medium-sized head of cauliflower
  • 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1/2 tsp of oregano
  • 1/2 tsp of basil
  • 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
  • 1 egg
  • Pizza topping of choice
Instructions:

1. Put cauliflower into food processor until it becomes a light, fluffy texture.


2. Using a cheese cloth, or paper towel remove as much of the water from the cauliflower as possible (the crust will be soft if you do not).

3. Add cheese, seasoning, and egg to cauliflower. Mix well.


4. Place wax paper on your pan (I used pie pans). Lightly coat paper with olive oil.

5. Form your pizza crust onto the paper using the cauliflower mixture. Bake at 420 for 15-20 minutes.



6. Top crust with your favorite sauce and pizza toppings (I used chicken, barbeque sauce, mozzeralla cheese, and onion). Bake at 420 for 10 more minutes.


Taste-Test Approved?
Yes! I would make it again. I like that the pizza was low-carb and lower calories than if it were made with flour crust. I also liked the fact that I was eating a vegetable in disguise. Ha ha!

I like flour crusted pizza better, but this is a good compromise.

Husband Approved?
He gave it a 6 out of a 10. He doesn't like cauliflower at all so I thought that was a pretty high rating. 

Kid Approved?
My one year old devoured it. My 3 year old ate it and said he liked it. My 6 year old took one bite, wanted to spit it out but was not allowed.

Note:
I was lazy and just used Kraft barbeque sauce but for a clean, diy barbeque sauce recipe go here.





No comments:

Post a Comment